Pages

Sunday, May 7, 2017

Remembering Gurudev

RABINDRANATH TAGORE’S BIRTHDAY 7th May

October 9, 1932
DEAR GURUDEV,

           I have your beautiful letter. I am daily seeking light. This unity between Hindus and Muslims is also my life’s mission. The restrictions do hamper me. But I know that when I have the light, it will pierce through the restrictions. Meanwhile I pray though I do yet fast.

           I hope you were none the worse for the strenuous work in Poona and equally fatiguing long journey.

          Mahadev has translated for us your beautiful sermon to the villagers on 20th ultimo.
 With Love, 
Yours,
 M.K. Gandhi



ON THE WAY TO CALCUTTA
February 19, 1940
DEAR GURUDEV,

          The touching note that you put into my hands as we parted has gone straight into my heart. Of course Visvabharati is a national institution. It is undoubtedly also international. You may depend upon my doing all I can in the common endeavour to assure its permanence.

          I look to you to keep your promise to sleep religiously for about an hour daily during the day.

          Though I have always regarded Santiniketan as my second home, this visit has brought me nearer to it than ever before.

 With reverence and love,
Yours,
M.K.GANDHI

Source:- MSS Section   

No comments:

Post a Comment